Saturday, November 19, 2005

YS Update
(disclaimer: excuse all spelling because of this stupid laptop).

So here it is, saurday night. What are my thoughts? Well, I have only been to one breakout session because there haven't been a ton for me to be curious about. For the most part, our main sessions have been awesome. I cried this morning because of the beauty of Christ. We were singing "Wonderful Cross" a la Crowder and there was this dude who was doing a clay sculpture of Christ. It was amazing to say the least. While not attending semnars, I have spent a good bit of time in the prayer chapel. I have found refreshment in my soul and challenge to be more creative and earnest in my seeking of God.

On a side note I have met two minor youth ministry celebrities (Tony Jones and Wayne Rice) and conversations were lame to be honest, not due to these people, but because of me. I just don't have the mingling ability to connect with people in a split second kind of way. It's mostly a ," Big Gulps huh? Well, see ya later." It makes me glad to see that shmoozing is not my thing. To be honest, it makes me realize that (ministry) fame will probably never come my way. Oh, well. Pride working itself back in my life.

PS. When Crowder was playing, sung extra loud for you Mark A. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home